On December 11 and 12, Bird in Flight were host online roundtable discussions on contemporary photography as part of the Bird in Flight Prize’ 21 program. Among the speakers are curators, photographers, artists, and photo editors from the USA, Peru, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Ukraine. They were talk about long-term projects and personal stories, creative freedom, and new formats of engagement and interaction in the photo industry.
These roundtable discussions are open to all.
- Fred Ritchin (USA) — Dean Emeritus of the International Center of Photography, was picture editor of the New York Times;
- Paola Jiménez Quispe (Peru), photographer, Bird in Flight Prize ‘20 winner;
- Paolo Woods (Italy), photographer, researcher, co-founder of RIVERBOOM collective (among other things including two World Press Photo awards);
- Nico Krebs (Switzerland) — one of the members of the creative duo of artists, which also includes Taiyo Onorato (exhibitions in MoMA, Foam, Winterthur Photo Museum);
- Victoria Pidust (Ukraine/Germany) — artist and photographer, master of fine arts and painting (Weißensee Kunsthochschule Berlin);
- Lilia Kudelia (Ukraine/USA) — art historian, curator: Dallas Contemporary, Residency Unlimited;
- Azad Asifovich (France) — curator and art taker with a background in political science, culturology and curatorial studies.
Trick or necessity: Should a photographer be friends with technology?
Date and time: December 11, 17.00 EEТ
Can photography bring both money and pleasure?
Date and time: December 12, 17.00 EEТ
Bird in Flight Prize ‘21 lecture course is powered by the Swiss Embassy in Ukraine.